Tuesday, March 17, 2020

practice

I choose to view this challenge 
as an opportunity to practice patience.

And instead of drowning in worry,
or wallowing in self-pity,
I will say "Thank you, God
for giving me this opportunity."

And I will practice.

Just like learning an instrument
or multiplication tables,
I need a lot of practice,
and it's not always easy,
and I don't always want to,
and sometimes I fall flat on my face.

But the more I practice
the better I get.
and the more I get to enjoy the good fruit
that it produces.

The more that I taste that good fruit,
the less I desire the bad fruit,
the comfortable, familiar, deadly fruit
of my past.

Lord, you have washed me clean
and made me new.
You have set me free-
now I'm free to follow You.

I am not auditioning
for a part in your kingdom.
I am practicing a part
I've already graciously been given,
and I want to perform it well.

Thank you for these opportunities
to rehearse and retell redemption,
to remember where I came from
and where I'm going.


No comments:

Post a Comment