Thursday, March 26, 2020

bubbles

This afternoon, I was strolling through
an unfamiliar neighborhood,
when I walked past a long driveway
where a kind grandmother stood.

She stood outside her little home,
blowing bubbles through a bubble wand
for her grandson to chase- how he ran!
But some escaped his grasping hands,

then accompanied me to the end of the street,
'til they finally disappeared in defeat.
I watched them float against the blue sky.
They traveled slowly, and so did I.

Serenely spending all my hours,
watching days unfold like flowers,
talking to invisible people,
praying under an invisible steeple.

Who can tell what a day might bring?
I shed my cares and start to sing,
a bubble, small with fragile skin,
death's palm ever o'er-shadowing.

I will follow you to the end of the road,
of life, that unknown neighborhood.
And when I vanish and am no more,
I will, shining, arrive at heaven's door.


day 6 prompt: hour
day 8 prompt: long

No comments:

Post a Comment