Wednesday, July 31, 2019

come

Let the little children come to me.
Let the little children shout and sing
to bring joy to their King.
Let the little children sit quietly
at His feet and listen.

To them belong the kingdom-
those I've woven in the womb
and called by name.
Those who hear my voice
and follow me-
my precious little lambs.

I am their Good Shepherd,
and I know them thoroughly.
I listen to them pray,
and I hear each Spirit-groaning.
I know how they will stray,
and there's no distance
I will not cover
to bring them back safe.

I will bring you back safe.

Nothing can snatch you
from my hands.
I have engraved you there
upon my palms.

Oh little child, look,
look at my hands.
See my scars
and doubt no more
that you can be saved.
Take my hand-
believe.
Open up the gift of faith
I give to you in love.

Come,
like a little child come unto me.
Come with all your sin
and be made clean.
Cast all of your anxiety
on the One who cares for you.
Bring all of your burdens
and believe I care for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment