Monday, May 18, 2015

the approaching storm

The faint sound of thunder,
Still far away.
All that power
Waiting, building in the sky.
In the softest clouds,
Hints of gray.
Distant, potent,
The smell of rain.

All the earth
In anticipation-
This beautiful tension.
I would stay
With my feet in the grass
And soak in every vibration-
Listen.

The birds call out their warning-
The approaching storm.
But they do not see the lightning
Coursing through my veins-
How I love the rain.

The greatest peace-
Life all around me,
Longing for rain-
Knowing it is coming.

Now it has come,
Soft roar of the drums-
Fulfillment of your hope.

The humble ground
Bathed in your glory.
Cloak of humidity,
Wrapped in your story.

Together with nature,
I see how this darkness
Makes us alive.
The rush of your waterfalls
Against the window
Where I watch, inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment