Saturday, May 16, 2015

a new song

When it's not easy to converse,
That's when my mind is filled with verse.

I'll sing the song that awakens the throng
Of demons, dark and dead.
And I'll ponder the ways that I went wrong
And all the words I said.

Awake, awake, beneath their wings
What shadows, what great shade.
This wretched song I'm singing,
All the messes that I've made.

And the verse that fills my mind tonight
Comes easily to me.
Oh, how expensive is the light
When darkness is so cheap.

When it's not easy to converse,
That's when I'm trapped within the hearse.

But You sing a new song, awaken the throng
Of angels at your side.
And I see the ways that I went wrong,
Then how You bled and died.

Awake, awake, beneath Your wings-
You make the shadows flee,
And with the new song that You sing
You've resurrected me.

And the verse that fills my mind tonight,
It echoes with Your praise.
Oh, how expensive was the light,
How costly is Your grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment