Friday, May 29, 2015

crawl spaces

I'm crawling into tiny spaces,
Combing through a massive chaos.

I'm going to miss these walls, this mess-
Knowing that all this will end,
Was uncertainty my closest,
Only friend?

Climbing over piles of disarray,
Am I happy, sad, confused, or still afraid?

There's history here,
The space between each page.
I'm crawling through ink and words
And can't backspace.

I'm climbing the mountain,
Mounds of what could have been.
Melting scene,
Melange of memory.

This avalanche I rummage through,
It's finally time to break through-

The tunnel to flood with light,
The story to end.
This mess I've made cleaned up,
The road to bend.

And I thought it would feel different-
Bittersweet,
It's confusing
And a little bit empty.

But I would rather curl up here
Inside these places-
Nestled against my books
And the rocks
And the darkness.

These crawl spaces,
This chaos.


No comments:

Post a Comment