Wednesday, April 8, 2015

solidify

Just some late night thoughts...


Things change so quickly,
And you open your eyes
And you look around
And you look inside
And you're someone new
And you're somewhere else.

And I'm just trying to figure out
Who I am,
But I look back
And I'm someone different,
And I find lots of someone-differents

Things change,
And so do the things
That aren't things,
Like people and souls.

And it's so fast,
The shutter speed on my camera
Can't even catch.
I'm flipping through an album
Of blurry pictures.

And I find I'm someone new,
Someone solid and clear,
Right here, right now.

If the camera could catch this right,
Maybe I might know
Where I was going.

But today will be another blurry page,
And I will be long gone
By then.

But I'm going,
Yes I'm going.
Walking around in skin
With the marks of
Everyone I used to be-

I'm composed of memory.

And I like that line so much
I'll stop and think
And make it a part of me.

I don't know who I am
Or who I was
Or who I will be,
But I remember the things
That speak to me.

And if all I am
Is a collection of memories,
I hope all the people I was
Said some things.

Or, should I say
Some things that aren't things.
Because words aren't things-
They take things and make them solid,
Ideas and make them always.

So take me,
Blurry, liquid, changing me,
And make me solid,
Make me always.


No comments:

Post a Comment