Monday, February 18, 2019

homesick

home is the place
you can leave and return to
knowing that when you come back
you will be loved no matter what

how blessed I must be
to have that

how blessed I must be
to be homesick

homesick here
in this frozen place
in these worn out days
in your warm embrace

your arms around me
are not a guarantee
though they could be mistaken
for a house being built
around my body

no I don't know for certain
that when you leave
you will come back

I don't know that when I leave
and come back
you will look at me the same

there's still room for growth
there's still room for change

for feelings to leave
and to come back again

how blessed I am
to have a home

to be able to leave
and to come back
again

to be able to build
and be built on
and be sick

I don't know anything
for certain
I don't know many things
to stick

only home
and you're not quite home yet



1 comment: