Monday, February 24, 2014

to be the problem

There's a battle I cannot win.
It's raging inside of me-
Pouring out of me,
Covering me.
It is me.

I can never win.
It's impossible to win
When you're fighting against yourself.
To be the problem you fight to destroy-
Against your own existence.

Every second burns.
Hatred tearing at my skin,
Ripping me open.
Every action tears deeper,
Makes things worse.

Why keep going?
How can you fight for what you hate?

Everything condemns me,
The accusations follow me everywhere.
Happiness condemns me,
Sadness condemns me,
I condemn me.

People condemn me,
So cruel in their perfection-
Leaving me so far beneath.

I lay here,
I am nothing.
Blank empty pages
Soon to go up in flames.
I'm alone,
So who can I blame
For lighting the match?

No comments:

Post a Comment