Monday, June 8, 2020

foundation

Profuse are the kisses of an enemy,
but faithful are the wounds of a friend.
If you love me, speak to me plainly.
Tell me what's truly on your mind.

Though it may cause some present pain,
the outcome is my trust.
I rest secure in your embrace
when I know your love is honest-

that it can see my many faults,
but doesn't find me ugly.
Your faithful wounds help me to heal-
to make lovelier what's already lovely.


"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality." Romans 12:9-13


No comments:

Post a Comment