Thursday, January 9, 2020

painted sky

I'm twenty-two, and drive to work
while the sun rises every morning.
If I'm lucky, I can see the sun set
as I drive home in the evening.

I feel like I just discovered
sunrises and sunsets this past year.
I used to think that the really beautiful ones
were an exception, something rare.

But now the sky lights up differently
every morning and every night.
The clouds' soft edges boldly gleam,
and vibrant colors fill my tired eyes.

I'm twenty-two and never knew
that each day held such a gift.
I discovered it when I needed to-
when my soul began to slip.

New masterpieces every day
that move my heart to praise
His mercies, new each morning,
and His never-failing grace.

He lifts the sun so lovely,
even when most of the world sleeps in.
We ignore the beauty just outside
our curtains or our skin.

Faithfully, He paints the sky
each morning and each night.
Until we know we are in need
we will not see the light.

1 comment:

  1. He has His light always there for the time we feel the need.

    ReplyDelete