Thursday, January 31, 2019

telescope

If you offered me your home
I would curl up in your bed.

Turn out the light
And feel you sleeping in another room-
Your pillow pressed against my head.

When the sun rises
You will hold me again.

So drifting to sleep
I ponder the dawn
And how I've never really seen the sun.

Never stared directly into its blaze.
Even veiled by the eclipse
I hid my eyes.

For now
We peer dimly through a mirror,
Pressed up against the glass
In wonder.

A room away,
Averted gaze-
Then we shall see face to face.

And I'll stare straight into
The mystery of you,
Unafraid.

For now
There's no way you could love me more
Than to leave me alone here
Under the stars.

Drifting to sleep
I ponder them.

Concave mirror
Collecting light-
Quiet mind turns into telescope.

I savor the night
And the stars that shine through,
Their sparkle small enough to swallow.

Small enough
For you and me
To know.

No comments:

Post a Comment