Wednesday, February 25, 2015

above

I thought it was love,
Yes, I thought love to be
That which pumped through my heart
So constantly.
Beating, beating,
Never ceasing,
Somewhere deep inside of me.

I longed to fathom
What love could be,
Yet it was something that I could not see,
Trapped so tempting underneath.

So I tried to open up my skin,
O'er branching veins a layer thin-
Enter in,
Enter in.

I just wanted to know
What love looked like,
But as crimson dotted the delicate white,
I saw I was filled with something not quite
What I had dreamed it to be.
And the blood did flow,
And my soul did cry,
As from flesh my heart was free.

So the inside of me met the world all around,
But lingered the sound,
"Is this love?
Where is love?"
Does in vain my heart pound?
Maybe love isn't found
Within or around
But above.


2 comments: