Thursday, November 20, 2014

dragonfly wings

Dipping my paddle into the shallow water,
My kayak scrapes against a rocky bottom.
I push away from shore,
And into the wide river.

Sunlight sparkles on the water
That dragonflies rest their noisy wings to kiss.
Hues of green and brown and blue are separated
As my boat cuts a trail through the smooth surface.

My arms feel strong and capable
As they soak in the warmth of the afternoon sun.
Masterfully, my paddle carves the water,
Gently turns to guide my path.

The faint scent of seaweed,
And the moisture on my skin
Make me feel at home
As I glide through the river.

I reach a place where the current is still
And rest my arms;
Dip my hands into the cool, refreshing water
That drips from my paddle.

I watch how the ripples grow and disappear
When the dragonflies swoop down and gently touch
The river that holds so much light and life;
Holding me up now, suspended above the ground.

I float freely and with ease
In the center of the river.
At home, alone in my little kayak,
Surrounded by nature's peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment