Friday, March 14, 2014

here inside myself

I want to hold what I have inside. Silence protects me and I like to feel safe. But you're trying to draw it out. You say you're worried about me but I don't want you to be. I'm safe, here inside myself.

You tell me that my smile doesn't reach my eyes and you don't believe me when I tell you I'm fine. But I'm not sure what I am. I have no words, which is all you really want. Relationships need communication, and that's why they're so messy. What if I have no voice to give you?

You just want to feel useful and I just want to keep feeling useless. I might be tearing myself apart. Maybe you should be concerned. But that's not what I need.

I don't need you. Why do you need me to need you?

I don't know how to receive your love or love you back. Here inside myself, I only know how to love... myself.

It's strange how when you hate yourself, you aren't thinking much of anyone else. How you can hate and love at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment